Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Kiss On My List

My good friend, and pop culture fan, Alex Ness has put out a call for peoples' "Best Comics of 2005" on his web site POPTHOUGHT.COM. Here's his request, in his own words:

CALLING ALL READERS
Either upon message board or to me through e-mail please let me know who you think was the best writer, artist and writer/artist of 2005 and what work deserves the credit for the best of 2005. This is not a contest per se, as I do not have a great stack of give away material or special art pages or signed comics, I simply want to gain a feel for your picks of 2005. I think it is always important to know what others think because there is no way a person can afford to read all the titles that have come out, or works from even one of the big 6 of Dark Horse, DC, DDP, IDW, IMAGE & MARVEL. When sending your list, if you can, tell me what you thought were the best comics vis a vis publisher. Finally when you send an e-mail please send a mailing address so that I might place all the names in a pool and pick one for something fun.
Thank you.

So there you have it. Write up those lists and let Alex know what you thought were the strongest comics of the year. I did!


Last post's title was a song title from:
Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction

I bought this album when it came out in 1990 but I never saw the original cover until I started working in a record store, a few years later. The first cover was banned and the plain "Amendment" cover was the version I had purchased. It came with a little booklet that had the liner notes and lyrics in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Why a contest? We all know Elk's Run was the best book of the year.

November 16, 2005 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home