Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sting Me

I've been hanging out at The Hive , over on the Buzzscope forum. It's the brainchild of writer/editor/moose in the closet Jason Rodriguez. Jason is the spark that has given ignition to some very interesting discussions about comics, their format, and their market possibilities. It's an ongoing series of topics that concern the quest to get comics out of the current direct market ghetto, that has become the dysfunctional norm of the comic "industry", and get them into the hands people that don't normally buy comics. The topics will range from format to distribution to marketing to whatever else needs to be talked about.

In fact, there is a thread about business cards that I'm finding very helpful. I've got this card (to the right) that I've been using for a few years but is in need of an update. There has been some great suggestions as to how my card can be improved. I'm always open to more suggestions.......

Anyway, Jason's doing a great job and if you are looking for some interesting conversation, please drop by The Hive and add your voice to the collective!

Last post's title was a song title from:
The Grand Illusion by Styx

Contrary to popular belief, Styx had some great songs besides Mr. Roboto and Babe. This is one of them. Actually, the album has a number of great tracks on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Glad you're enjoying it, Jay - I've been having fun hosting it, myself.

January 31, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger ADL said...

I, too, have been digging the Hive at Buzzscope a great deal. But it's been giving me the bad habit of responding to Jason there than here. Sorry, sir!

(Of course, he's always on my Blogroll at Bloglines.com -- so I never miss and entry!)

February 01, 2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

So you're the blogroll visitor.... I was wondering who that was. Case solved! :D

February 01, 2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home