Thursday, January 19, 2006

Superstition

There is only one superstition I really subscribe to and that's the good old "knock on wood" gambit.

See, I've been trying very hard not to mention hockey in my blog postings lately as both me and my Atlanta Thrashers are on a bit of a roll right now. I wouldn't want to say anything to jinx us so I'll let the image at the right speak for Atlanta's current situation. It's a snap shot of the Eastern Conference standings (as of tonight's unfortunate lost to Los Angeles). There is still a lot of hockey to play before I can really get excited but it's still a thrill to be in the playoff race past the midway point of the season.

I'll just leave it at that, yes?

Oh yeah...... knock on wood!

Last post's title was a song title from:
Every Picture Tells A Story by Rod Stewart

A classic album from start to finish. This was Rod at the top of his game. If you only know Stewart in his "Do You Think I'm Sexy" phase and onward, you really don't know how much Rod kicked ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Exner III said...

Luckily for me, I'm a Stars fan. But here's to hoping the Thrashers pull it out, man...

...KNOCK ON WOOD!

January 20, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Mike - You must have been a little concerned at the begining of the season, eh? Dallas was only 6-6 in the first month of the season, which is very unlike them.

And thanks for the Thrasher well wishes! Hopefully, our teams will meet in the playoffs!

January 21, 2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Mike Exner III said...

Yeah, the Sharks were predicted to dominate the division (even the conference), so I was definitely bugged by the slow start and the fact that the Kings were playing so well. But the Stars recovered nicely. A Stars/Thrashers match-up would be fun. Well... for you and me. :)

January 21, 2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home