Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TV Dinners

For Christmas, Jackie and I received the first two seasons of Arrested Development, on DVD. It was the perfect gift! We had managed to catch an episode here and there, when we used to watch TV. It was very seldom that we would see concurrent shows, which made it hard to get some of the jokes that came from a previous show's set up. Although, they do do a good job of re-capping so that we could be able to "get" the humor. Anyway, we just finished the first season and starting the second season. We are loving it.

I also got a gift certificate for Future Shop and I picked up the first and second seasons of NewsRadio on DVD. This is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Dave Foley was just coming off his very successful run on The Kids In The Hall, a Canadian sketch comedy show, and the lovable Phil Hartman was at the top of his comedic game. If fact, the whole cast, even Joe Rogan of Fear Factor "fame", were excellent.

Why, oh, why aren't there more hours in a day?

Last post's title was a song title from:
Long Player by The Faces

This was when Rod Stewart was rockin'! The Faces started as the Small Faces, but with the addition of Stewart and Ronnie Wood, both fairly tall individuals, they dropped the "Small" part of their name. In 1975, Rod would end up going solo and Ronnie would join the Rolling Stones.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

You know, I havent' seen an episode of AD yet. I keep saying I'll get the box sets but then go and buy something else entirely.

I'm the reason it's being canceled. You're welcome.

January 10, 2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger Michael May said...

" NewsRadio... is one of my favorite TV shows of all time."

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

January 11, 2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Jason - I don't blame you not picking up a box set of something you've never seen. Money don't grow on trees, you know.

MM - See, I watch TV...... just not current TV. :)

January 11, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Mike Exner III said...

NewsRadio was a heck of a show. I really liked The Kids in the Hall too. Comedy Central used to play reruns of it all the time, but now they don't. :( Damn them!

January 13, 2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home