Friday, March 31, 2006

Here Come The Tears

Wow. A huge life change has begun this week. I am officially on Paternity leave from work! For the next 5 months I will be staying at home with my son, Stewart. It's going to be tough. He's teething, has a cold and is being weaned off the boob. Talk about an upset child! Luckily, Jackie will be around the home for the next month to help me get the hang of things before she goes back to work. I'm looking forward to spending quality rearing time with Stew...... it's just a little scary at first.... with a lot of crying involved, I'm sure.

News on the comic front is looking very good. Although the deal hasn't been signed on the dotted line just yet, it looks like A. David and I have found a great home for our espionage/thriller comic EMPTY CHAMBER! I can't say who it is right now, but they have a great range of titles and genres and their production values are top notch. So, it goes without saying that ADL and I are tickled as punch to be able to work with these people! I hope to give you the official announcement very soon.

On the sports front, the news is more somber. My recreational hockey team was knocked out of the playoffs a few weeks ago. I, personally, had a great playoff performance. I had back to back shutouts in the first round and an overall Goals Against Average (GAA) of 1.65 and a save % of .953. We lost to the team that eventually went on to win the divisional title..... so, we can hold our heads high. Next years' season is up in the air. The UBC rinks where we play are going to be shutdown next year so they can build the new Olympic rinks for the 2010 Winter Olympics that will be taking place here in Vancouver. Hopefully, we can find a new home!

And last night, the Atlanta Thrashers managed to put another nail in this years' playoff coffin. Losing to Tampa Bay, they are now 7 points back of a playoff spot with only 9 games left to go. The math still says they can get in there for their first playoff appearance...... but they're going to have to pull some pretty big horseshoes outta somewhere to make the dream a reality. I'm not giving up hope, though. I have faith in my boys! Go Thrashers Go!

Last post's title was a song title from:
David Gilmour by David Gilmour

I originally bought this album at a used record shop in Bellingham, Washington for $.25 ( along with a vinyl copy of Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother, also for $.25). It's a pretty good listen, but lacks the hooks to make it a great listen. Definitely worth the $.25, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on everything, Jason. Man, it seems like yesterday when I lettered that Empty Chamber thing for David.

March 31, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Ed.
Man, I wish it was only yesterday since you did those pages! :D

March 31, 2006 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home