Monday, May 14, 2007

It Is Accomplished

A very cool thing happened this weekend. After 4 years of collaboration and friendship, I finally met A. David Lewis in person!

Mr. Lewis was in town for all of about 26 hours. Talk about a whirlwind trip. He was presenting one of his papers at a local college and we managed to coerce him to crash at our house on the Friday night. We had a gourmet dinner of ordered in pizza, played some Wii and even talked comics. He even managed to pry all the pages to our second Mortal Coil story, "What Gazes Also" outta my hands.

Sadly, we didn't take any pictures while he was here but we have his Mii stored in our Wii that will be a constant reminder of his stay here at the Copland Estate! Jackie, Stewart and I treasured the chance to spend some time with Dave and we are looking forward to his return trip.... someday.

The title of this post comes from Peter Gabriel's Passion: Music From The Last Temptation of Christ.
An amazing soundtrack that makes for wonderful drawing music.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dave's alright. I met him at a couple shows.

May 18, 2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger Mike Exner III said...

Ha ha ha! You made a Mii of him. That's really cool. My crowning achievement on the Wii thus far is making a Spider-Man Mii. I heard you're getting discouraged with comics, man. I hope that doesn't last. I'd hate not seeing your artwork, preferrably on something of mine! :)

May 19, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Ed - Your enthusiasm for ADL is overwhelming! ;) It was a shame Dave didn't have more time here. I only got to kick his ass on Golf and Bowling a couple of times... :D

Mike - Yeah, Mike, I have been a little less passionate about making comics, these days. Most of it stems from hostile comic market. Doing tons of work on something and then having little to no response from the comic book community is a tough pill to swallow. Especially when it happens continuously.

Fear not, though. I'm sure I'll pull out of my gloom soon enough.

Thanks for your thoughts, though, Mike. They mean a lot.

May 19, 2007 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home