Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Warm Wet Circles


I've begun figuring out how I want to draw my next project. It's an autobiographical short story, entitled "Whatever It Takes", which takes place during Christmas circa 1989. Here are some sketches that are basically just me working on how I want to draw this story. These drawings are all without any underdrawing... just me, a drawing instrument (a pen or brush) and a jar of ink.

This post's title comes from the Marillion album "Clutching At Straws".
"Clutching" was the last record that featured Fish as the lead vocalist. It was a fitting send off.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Seriously, you're a Marillion fan too? I could have sworn I was the only one in the universe. I knew there was a reason you're a cool dude ...

July 11, 2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Oh yeah, man. I love Marillion... although their post Fish stuff has been rather hit or miss, for me.

I discovered them on my trip to Scotland in 1985. "Misplaced Childhood" was all over the airwaves and the cute Scottish girl I had a crush on played the whole album for me. On my way home, I stopped at a HMV in the Heathrow airport and grabbed me a copy on cassette. I've been a huge fan ever since.

The first 2 Fish solo albums were pretty good, too.

July 11, 2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

My sister actually got me into the band. She went to Germany in '85 and brought back Misplaced Childhood and Fugazi. I resisted listening to her crappy music for a while, but once I got into it, I was hooked. Yeah, the post-Fish stuff has been up-and-down (mostly up, I would argue), but let's face it - not all of Fugazi or Clutching at Straws is brilliant, either. Misplaced Childhood, however, is probably the perfect rock album.

July 15, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

...but let's face it - not all of Fugazi or Clutching at Straws is brilliant, either.
You take that back, mister!
:)

Marillion (with Fish) never had a dud for me.... well, that live version of Margaret on B-Sides Themselves was pretty stinky, now that I think about it...

July 16, 2007 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home