Monday, December 01, 2008

5 Days In May

click image to see it bigger
This past weekend was mostly spent at home drawing and inking a Perhapanauts cover for the upcoming 5th issue. That's the issue that will have the 7 page backup story I illustrated, so don't forget to ask your Local Comic Book retailer to get you one. Todd and Craig offered me the chance to do the flip cover for that issue, I opportunity that I couldn't pass up! The catch was that they offered it to me on Wednesday and needed it done by noon today!

As some of you fine people know, I'm not the fastest comic book drawer guy the world has ever seen, so this looked to be a huge challenge... to come up with a fully inked and coloured Perhapanauts/Image Comic worthy cover in all of 5 days. But as luck(?) would have it, I managed to get the whole thing done by Sunday afternoon! The fact there was almost no colouring needed for it helped a lot. My wife said that it reminded her of Frank Miller's Sin City covers, which is cool.

The above image is my rough sketch, with cover dress added to get the sense of scale and placement. On Wednesday, I'll post up the inked cover, so come on back!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jorge f. muñoz said...

I came here via Twitter, i'm one of your followers, love your work!

December 01, 2008 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you give us a 'heads-up' when issue #5 drops. I want to buy a copy.

December 01, 2008 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting mine signed. NO JOKE.

December 02, 2008 7:57 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Jorge - I really dig your work, too! Thanks for following me over!

#8 - Well, hopefully some of the local comic shops get some in. I'll try to order some extras from my online retailer.

Ian - Then it will be worth MILLIONS!!!!!

December 03, 2008 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home