Thursday, July 23, 2009

Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets)

The ink is barely dry on this one. The UFO anthology Ape Entertainment is putting together is in need of a cover or two and I thought I'd throw some ink at paper and see what resulted. I'm not very confident that this will make the short list as a possible cover but I like it, nonetheless.

It still needs to be coloured, but I don't have the time to attempt that. The Perhapanauts pages will be needing my penciling attention as soon as I get the thumbs up on the layouts.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jason Thibault said...

Love the brushwork on this. I really need to loosen up my inking. Thanks for sharing this.
-Jay

July 24, 2009 9:25 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, man. Yeah, I've been trying pretty hard to loosen up the inking. I don't think I'll get very loose with the Perhapanauts inks but the project I have lined up after that will be a lot like this image. I'm getting excited about it, actually.

Drawing in ink. without a lot of penciling before, is a liberating experience.

Thanks for dropping by, Jason!

July 24, 2009 10:21 AM  
Blogger Alex Sheikman said...

Very nice!

July 26, 2009 9:52 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Alex!

July 26, 2009 11:59 PM  
Blogger Ian Explosivo said...

Anything with tentacles gets my vote man. Looks good!

July 27, 2009 3:35 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Ian!

Sadly, it didn't say "UFO" enough, which I totally get. I guess I was think more "alien" than UFO. No worries, I'm working on another one that should hit closer to the mark.

July 27, 2009 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home