Thursday, November 26, 2009

2000 Light Years From Home

This was the very first homepage for my site. I don't think it was up for more than a few weeks. I had created this really cool Flash website that had active buttons and stuff but it was pain to update and I quickly abandoned it for the Blogger layout you see before you.

The image above was created with overlays of transparent and semi transparent sheets of plastic that I had drawn on, using many different mediums, such as ink, oil pastel, chalk, acrylic paint, oil stick. These transparent sheets were arranged over photocopies of random things from an electrical engineering book until I had a design I was happy with. This was how I was working just as I was leaving Art school. Controlled randomness.

Strangely, this sort of what I starting to aim for in my comic book work. Not at this level of experimentation, but in the general ballpark.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home