Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shock To The System

I'm still working on the layouts for "The Last Leaf" short. I'm well into them, actually, and they are turning out to be far more detailed than I was originally planning on them being. Which is ok, I guess. Makes for easier inking, when the time comes.

Also, I still haven't figured out a system on how to do the layouts. I thought I was going to do the them completely in digital form but I found it hard to get a sense of the page as a whole. I've gone back to pencil for the most part and will use the Cintiq do tighten them up, after scanning them. Seems to be working.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dino said...

I like the page alot Jason. Very expressive characters...

January 14, 2010 1:55 PM  
Blogger Pj Perez said...

Yeah, I also find it hard to do page layouts digitally, even though I do most everything else that way. I usually do a rough layout on plain paper, scan it, and then usually skip tightening before going right to digital inking. Unless I need reference or something.

January 14, 2010 7:58 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Dino - Thanks!

Jp - That would be my process, too, but I love the act of inking with a brush, so I don't think I'll ever go digital with that. But, never say never, right?

January 15, 2010 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home