Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Of These, Hope

Here's another panel progression look at a zombie panel I just inked. I love seeing where the image started and ended, visually. It's about the process.

In art school, I was way more interested in the process of drawing than I was in the final outcome. It made for many many messy pictures that seemed to have no real "value" other than giving me the experience of making marks on a surface. For some strange reason, when I started drawing comics, that love of markmaking seemed to get pushed aside. I blame it on the fact that I was inking tight pencils and didn't want to lose whatever I had drawn in pencil. I am glad to see that I am taking more chances with my marks. My hope is that I continue to show more and more of the drawing process in my comic work and make the pages

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home