Monday, March 29, 2010

Victim Of Changes

Here's a panel progression example. The left is my pencil rough and the right is the inked panel. There will always be slight changes to the original rough drawing when you ink it. Case in point, as this panel was inked, I came to the realization that I needed to make the zombie's shirt black and leave the woman's jacket white so that the blacks were distributed better. I think this new spotting of black puts more emphasis on the woman, visually, than giving her the black coat.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pj Perez said...

I like that you don't draw your architecture perfectly straight. I want to experiment with drawing less technical buildings, but always feel like it looks "sloppy" in my art. In yours, it looks organic. Arrgh!

March 29, 2010 11:40 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

It just looks that way cuz I'm too lazy to use rulers! ;)

March 30, 2010 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home